Skip to Search
Skip to Navigation
Skip to Content

University of Connecticut University Libraries Archives & Special Collections at the Thomas J. Dodd Research Center

Records Management


Disposal Request Form

The revised (7/2011) RC-108 form (WORD .doc)is available directly from the Connecticut State Library's website or by contacting the University's Records Management Liaison. The RMLO will no longer accept earlier versions or electronic copies of RC-108 forms. The newly revised form requires a signature of the Records Custodian for submission. Please submit your signed (in ink, any color other than black) to Betsy Pittman, Unit 1205. The completed hard copy of the form will be returned to Records Custodians and must be retained by the requesting office for the full retention period.

Changes as of May 2014

The Office of Public Records has revised General Schedule 1 -- Administrative Records.

If you have printed out or linked this schedule, please update your information as necessary.

Transfer of Records to the Archives

Transfer of records that have been identified as permanent and/or archival should only be done after consultation with the University Archivist. Once approved, records to be transferred should be inventoried using the Archives transfer form (PDF), boxed and arrangements made for delivery to the Dodd Center loading dock. An electronic copy of the transfer form should be submitted (via email) to the University Archivist and a paper copy must accompany the boxes at the time of delivery.

Shredding Service Request Form

Shredding is available for Confidential records by Central Stores staff. Once destruction has been approved, requests may be made to Central Stories with the submission of a Shredding Service Request Form. The state also maintains contracts with vendors for these services also. Please contact the Liaison for additional information.


This page is maintained by B. Pittman